Thursday, May 25, 2006

This is my first posting. Everybody seems to be moving to blogspot, so I think I'd do the same. But I'm still keeping my old blog at xanga. Maybe I'll post up entries alternately. Maybe I'll post up Malay entries in one and English entries in another. Or maybe I won't be posting entries at all; just comments on my favourite sites. That has always been my favourite pastime.

The good thing about blogspot is that the pictures look stunning. But then again, that's probably because ikelah has been taking them. However, don't hope for a picture of myself in the future. I'm still keeping my identity to myself. Besides, ikelah and boogey have set the bar up high, so much so that I think I'd best just stick to writing entries. Even then, I'm still not that good a story-teller. That would be drroza. She has set the standard too high that I feel rather hesitant to post up entries of my own. Nanti rasa hambar pula. So drroza, if you've noticed I haven't put up any new posts lately, you're partly to blame! Many a times have I written something, only to read it back and find it to be 'tasteless'.

But the main reason I set up this account is because of the pop-up comment box. Whenever anybody wants to leave their comments, they can do so without having to leave the main page. And I find that really nice.

Still, I haven't decided whether to religiously post here as I have my xanga blog. I'm not the type of person who would simply leave an 'old faithful' friend just because I've found a new one. I have many fond memories with xanga as I got to know so many talented and intelligent people. Also, I got to see them grow up into budding adults. Afie, ayumi, crimsonskye, witchazel,
hiyoshi, inositol, iFos. And devoleb (yes, we have not forgotten about you, you lazy blogger!)

note: I'm not too sure whether inositol is a young blogger or not.

Do you realise that I used the word 'lazy' to describe devoleb? Well, that's only because I know her and am comfortable with her. For people who I'm not too familiar with, I wouldn't pull their leg like that because they have yet to accustomize themselves with me. That's why I believe that we should always be courteous to people who are new. We should only be funny with people whom we are comfortable with. Witty and funny jokes are welcomed, but caution should always be practised as to not offend the other party taking the joke.

Having said that, don't be hesitant to leave comments. I appreciate feedback on the things that I've written, be it in agreement or otherwise. Difference in opinions are the spices of life. But let's try to leave only nice comments, shall we?

Since this is a new blog, I'll keep it short :))))

11 comments:

Ikelah said...

congratulations on our new site and welcome to blogspot. each person has their own abilities. you have yours and that makes everyone of us unique and special.

its good to be a 'father figure' and 'look after' the young bloggers, and that is special.

Ikelah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kuat betul tarikan Hiyoshi yek? Terus dia angkut member xanga dia sekali!
I have always enjoyed reading your honest account of things so please dont hesitate posting entries after you have written one. As iKelah has well put, keep on being a good father figure and taking care of the xanga kids, :P

I have always pictured inositol a young vibrant person from her writings, so, it is apt to list her amongst the youngsters!

But most of all I love reading your comments which are forever in sync with the entries. And you have a clever way of 'punning'your words. Just like Hiyoshi (hmm, wonder where he got that streak, eh? wink)

Mama Pongkey said...

Wow. I am really impressed with your html abilities :) You have all the links done up so nicely so soon. Time to change mine!

p/s love the template. Very soothing to my tired eyes.

Anonymous said...

like the template too.

looking fwd to more entries here.

to me, blogspot ni macam DVD player. Xanga macam video player.

Jangan lupakan video player, tapi DVD lebih sesuai utk keperluan zaman sekarang.

Jamil said...

I wonder who's next in the line of Xangans to migrate *wink*

drroza: Thank you for the compliment. My secret lies in "learning from the best". And of course, it isn't hard to find the best here, is it? *double wink*

kenakelayan: Maybe I should start taking lessons from pycnogenol on html?

mama sarah: That's a very nice analogy. Reminds me of the videotapes I packed up in a big box the other day whilst spring cleaning. Maybe one of these days they'll make a comeback.

But I hope not now, when the house is still pretty much unkept T_T

Anonymous said...

Salaam..
I came to this site upon clicking the link on Kenakelayan's blog. I was intrigued with the title ("Pycnogenol goes hmm..") :P Well, no matter where it's Blogspot or Xanga, just as long as you keep writing!

pycnogenol said...

All: Thank you so much for the comments. Initially I was hesitant to open up a new blog, but it seems that my worries were baseless :)

pycnogenol said...

ikelah: Thank you for the compliments. You are just as good a fatherly figure in the blog scene.

drroza: Just as I have always enjoyed reading your stories :) Actually, if I were to be more honest, I could share more things with the other bloggers. But that's not possible at the moment, is it? InsyaAllah in the future, is that possible?

kenakelayan: There will be more to come! Expect pictures of dancing cats and singing flowers to follow suit! Just kidding :P

mama sarah: I've been reading your blogs, and mynn's too. How is your son, Amar?

hiyoshi: Now that I've moved to blogspot, I hope my other good friends at xanga will migrate too! Susah la nak kena pakai visa ni.

Hiyoshi again: Thank you for answering and responding to some of the queries :)

ayumi: You should also check how drroza has described my new site :)

Suriya said...

Hello Hello Hwllo

Mama Pongkey said...

Saya pun nak berguru html lah..

*looking forward to the all-dancing, all-singing flowery cat troupe!*