Monday, August 27, 2007

One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest

This entry is basically t o explain what I’ve been going through since my last real update.

It all started with a case of bad flu. One thing about me is that I seldom fall sick, but goodness when I do, it becomes something of an Altantuya case – the end is nowhere to be seen. And I happen to be the kind of person who will avoid the doctor at all costs unless it’s really necessary. So, the flu was a necessary case and the good doctor gave me antibiotics for three days. I did feel better after having down the pills, but it wasn’t enough to do something about my respiratory tract. The phlegm just wouldn’t go away. And from there, it went from bad to worse.

So I went to see the doctor again. This time, he gave a week’s worth of antibiotics and a whole lot of other medications. Still, there is a persistent feeling of uneasiness somewhere in the chest. Any doctors here want to take a guess what it is? Oh, and Bea is unwell too. She might have caught it from me.

However, being down doesn’t equate to being out and even though I’m feeling unwell, I’ve been going back to Kelantan; not only to see Wan my mother, but also to oversee the renovation works. Yes, it’s almost Ramadhan but the house is not yet 100% complete.

This is the door to the balcony of the upper floor.

Bear in mind that these are only the presentable parts of the house. Not every nook and cranny is as pretty as they are. Well, at least not yet.

You know how it is when it’s the fruit season in the kampong. You go into the orchards, enjoy a few durians, and then bring back a lot more back home to really dig in. Only in my case, it wasn’t just durians, but also mangosteens and rambutans and buah dokong. I thought that eating a lot of fruits would be good for the flu. But could it be the culprit that’s causing my persistent coughing and itchy throat?

I’ve been planning to visit ikelah and DITH at the house, knowing that their two daughters are back. But week after week, I just didn’t feel up to it; up until last weekend where the two daughters have gone back to Russia, and I was stuck in the convocation ceremony of Kak Zah’s only son. Do you remember Kak Zah? She’s the ‘wind beneath my wings’; the cousin who’s more like a sister who has been taking care of my aged mother at home. I think I owe it to them to make her day extra special. It’s the least I can do for this kind soul who has been of great help, may Allah bless her.

This is Mohd Syariza bin Ahmad, the graduate. Congratulations, your dad would have been so proud of you.

Who's the graduate here now? Amboi Kak Zah, sampai terseret ke lantai jubah tu!

The girl on the right is Syariza's half sister, Ayu.

To ikelah and DITH, the house must be very quiet now with only Maman at home. Don’t worry, ours is the same with only little Elvis constantly belting out new and unheard-of-before songs. I know that Mynn and Puan Mama Sarah are back in Malaysia. So where are the both of you now? If you’re around Setapak, perhaps we can meet at one of the nearby mamak stalls for some good old teh tarik?

4 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

poor pycno, i think eating too much local fruits do give you health problems. Itu pasal lah martian only eats buah-buahan import jer :)

eh, mynn & ms are already in shah alam lah! they never contact u meh? if u wanna contact him, he did leave his h/p no in my comment box (tak takut reveal hp number dia ni!)

pycnogenol said...

Anne - Thanks. I now have his number....but I'd rather meet him and Mama Sarah in person first. After all, they are so near...in Shah Alam only!!

Suara Pycno pun, tak berapa sedap di dengar sekarang...serak serak berkarat ggitu...

Sabar ye Mynn and Mama Sarah. Pycno is busy taking honey and tamarind juice. Ahem....ahem....tunggu suara merdu kembali ye!!! ;)

dith said...

I think anak kak zah looks a bit like you.

pycnogenol said...

DITH - Ye ke? I must tell him. He should be proud to have some semblance of the famous Pycno. ;)