Monday, June 12, 2006

Tiga Hari Dua Malam (Tapi Kali Ini Berteman!)

By the time you read this entry, I will already be on my way to Penang (yet again) for another 3 hari 2 malam. Before drroza gets choked on her supper or breakfast (depending on when you're reading this), let me tell you that I have my second son to accompany me on this trip.

It's all part of a new tradition I'm starting i.e. to take my children on a bonding-trip before they leave home for university. My second son will be leaving home soon to join Matriculation early in July, so I thought it would be in the best of interest of both him and me to go on a trip together. Just to spend some father-son quality time.

I also did the same with my first son. In his case, I took him to Langkawi (yes, that island which Hiyoshi visited recently). Together with the both of us was my son's good friend. However, there will be no other persons besides my second son and I this time around as he is not too sociable. Also, he's rather close to me compared to the first. So, on this trip to Penang, it'll be just the two of us.

What will I do with him once we're there? Oh, there'll be the usual sessions of nasihat - to be independent, self-reliant, not to go looking for girlfriends yet, taking care of his actions and words.

Next in line will be my daughter - my Kak Baby. I have reminded Bea that she will have to go on that bonding trip with her. Bea has expressed interest in Johore. Perhaps I will also be there to keep a watchful eye on my beloved wife and only daughter hahahaha....

On another note, I'm feeling rather sad as on Sunday, I had sent my daughter and son back to boarding school. Soon, it will be time to send the first back to his place. Then, the only people left in the house will be myself, Bea and the youngest. It's going to be really quiet....

p.s. By the way Hiyoshi, you might want to listen to the music that I've put up at my Xanga bungalow.

19 comments:

Mama Sarah said...

I am sooo going to stalk this blog. Like DITH's family, I sense yours are as beautiful and set good examples for my 'young' family.

*Imagining myself going on a one-to-one trip with Sarah when she turns 18*

*Imagining Babah with Amar* errkk do you think they would end up talking about GAME and gadgets?

Mama Sarah said...

p/s: my last post here in UK was Letting Manager.

Now really am a full time mom/housewife. not blogger, mind you!

Anonymous said...

My hols are going to be over in just a few days.. and both my mom and little sister are now acting all funny on me, whenever I tease them it would be just the two of them once more. Three, if you count the cat.

(huu.. actually I'm the one who's feeling a bit sad here.)

Anonymous said...

Salaam..
Wow, you do travel a lot don't you? In Japanese, you're called "tabibito" - traveller :)

pycnogenol said...

Replying this via mobile phone.

MS - As is your family too :) BTW, apa salahnya guna gelaran full time blogger?

crimson - That shows they still want to spend time with you. Make good use of these last few days.

ayumi - Hehe...I hope it's not pronounced like "taik bibir tu!!!"

Anonymous said...

lama dulu, my mum pun ada bagitau pasal jgn cari girlfriend lagi masa mula-mula masuk matriks.

kononnya nak jadi anak yang taat...tapi tak berjaya. huhuhu....

Suriya said...

Don t be too sad..in no time at all they will all come home to roost..like mine did

Arifah said...

Ish ish jealous betul semua org pegi vacation ni. Can't you bring me along? =P

dith said...

I have been clicking this blog for days (using moxzilla firefox)looking for this entry as forewarned by Bea but only today when i used MIE that I get to read it and it has 8 comments!

*rollseyes!!*

Pycno -cerita dah basi!!!

Anyway, I didnt choke as I knew it before hand...:)) But irritated coz I only get to read it after 5 'internet-bungled' days!!! sheesh!!

Bea- makes sure he dosent follow you to JB or then kira tak aci lerr!!

mynn said...

i could see myself in your place in 10 years time with our children

LOL, kelakar dengar the song on your xanga site.
(actually it's a song i like)

pycnogenol said...

Imzadle - Gagal bertahan ye? Masa saham tinggi pun, ada orang sambar juga ye? Sure saham 'blue-chips' ni...;)

Nurelhuda - I sure hope they'll remember to come back home, just like the leather-back turtles, coming back every single year to Rantau Abang....or have they left for some other greener pasture or terjumpa Rantau Adik?????

afie911 - Pycno can sure bring you along. You sure your dad will not lodge a police report? I dont want my faceless portrait to appear on police "WANTED-DEAD-OR-ALIVE" posters for abduction of a would-be doctor, all over the country !!!

DITH - Better late than never. ;)
And InsyaAllah, I'll try to be strong when it's Bea's turn to go on that '3 hari 2 malam' trip with my daughter.

Mynn - You sure must go bonding with your dimpled-Amar....just to teach him to be strong, and not fall for the girls 'who-go-weak-in-their-knees' just looking at Amar's dimples.

Glad you like the song. One of my all-time favourites. Were you careless when whispering sweet nothings, dulu? Not to Mama Sarah I'm sure. Gentleman and tertib habis kan, Mama?

Mama Pongkey said...

Hmmm tak dpt dengar song on yur site :(

Anyway my father took one look at the males in my matriculation college, turned on his heel, and said to me in a low voice to always remember that I am here to study and not get entangled in things that I am not ready for. Hahaha. I replied point blank don't worry I am not interested in boyfriends and I am not ready to have reltionships at such an age. Hehehehe.

mynn said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha re: careless whispers

dith said...

Mynn-

KKL says she cant lsiten to the song and yet she has aptly commented that her dad has 'whispered' an advice to her. Though definitely not a 'careless' one....hehe

Perhaps Pycno is in a better position to define what are 'careless 'whispers'?? :p

Anonymous said...

jangan careless whisper to the (male) secretary dah .....

Ikelah said...

dad has to do a lot of whispering there days...son and daughters, "you are here to study. dont get yourself trapped and invite unwanted problems. stay focus"

Arifah said...

I'm sure my dad won't mind me disappearing for a couple of days. If he won't let me, I think I'll be a pain in the ass for sometime until he does. Hehhehehhe. =P

Jalilah said...

wah pycno, ke mana kamu menghilang?
your children are lucky to have a dad like you, huh. siap ada bonding time gitu. Hihi...
oh well, do update soon...

Anonymous said...

our family also have this "bonding trip" tradition..but the differences is we, didn't get to go as far to Langkawi or Johore like your children did,but it is only a 1- day trip , around Kuala Lumpur and we get to choose to eat at any restaurants or stalls we preferred complete with lots of advices and reminders..

and, i think those trips really works..=)..your son or daughter will really appreciate their moments they spend with you..