Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dont Worry....Be HAPPY !!


"If I do not want what you want, please do not try to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right – for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated and disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.”


I was so moved by the extract above, taken from an old book as I was browsing at the Pay Less Book at their Amcorp Mall branch, yesterday. You guessed it right. I just have to buy the book entitled: Please Understand Me, a book about character and temperament types, written by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates and I am reading it right now.

In my last entry, I gave you a list of the things which made me happy. And if you remember, I put “I’m going to be very VERY happy end of next week. Don’t ask me why cos I’m not telling you” as the last point on the agenda. Yes, I did. If you don’t believe me, you can look back.

Well, it’s already nearing the end of the week and I’m starting to get giddy with the feeling of joy. Don’t ask me why cause I’m still not telling you. However, I will let you in on this much: I will be on pause mode for a week *wink*wink*

In the mean time, please ponder on the extract above and tell me what you think of it. I will be so busy and so HAPPY till end of the month.

Till then, have a happy week everybody!

15 comments:

Ikelah said...

let me guess... u'll be coming to kuantan to visit us and for a holiday this week. ;) (maybe i m 'guessing' too much)

pycnogenol said...

Oh my...Ikelah, I just wish. I just really, REALLY wish that I can go see you wonderful guys in Kuantan. You know that I would have been there a couple of weeks ago. In fact I have it all planned then, but my uncle passed away that very weekend, and I had to 'balik kampung' instead. :(

I'll be back on the 27th. Terlewat sangat ke? When is iFos and Sarah's flight back to Russia.

ayumi said...

Salaam..

Haha.. I'm never good at guessing games, so I don't think I'll be able to guess what is making you so happy lately. I have to wait and see if you're kind enough to reveal and share your happiness with the rest of us ;)

I found this quote on a magazine I read:

"A woman spends her entire life trying to change their husband, and then complains that he is not the same person she had married."

..Or something like that.

ayumi said...

That's her, not their. Haha. Grammar problem.

mynn said...

"A woman spends her entire life trying to change her husband, and then complains that he is not the same person she had married." - LOL, so true!

Ikelah & Pycno
best eh you guys would visit each other like that. insya allah when we are permanently back in malaysia nanti (probably february of next year) we'll make an effort to visit our "neighbours" in the blogosphere too.

ps

pycno - enjoy your men-o-pause :)

dith said...

So how come you're keeping this vacation under wraps?

*starts texting to Bea*

Ikelah said...

we had a wonderful weekend too. 2 more daughters... anak angkat from japan. they stayed with us for 3 days. there are from Gunma province, NW to tokyo in the mountain, some place like 'the last samurai'(i love that movie). these girls were on the karate do trip to kuantan, seremban and KL. we managed to arrange them to meet our japanese sister catherine firdaus aoki and her family at cherating, fed turtles at turtle sanctuary and had our own BBQ in the lawn with the cool sea breeze blowing.

sofi and sarah will be flying back on the 29 august. sofi in the morning and sarah late evening.we will be in KL 1-2 days earlier for they have things ti settle. as for today, i'll be working 24 hrs. :(.

Selamat bercuti dan BE HAPPY!

dith said...

Pycno-

Kun jak pai nai? Kun pai Bangkok kon dieow? Kun tee Bangkok piang dai? Kun mai ngao pai kon dieow? Chan wang waa kun sa bai tee nan!

Ikelah said...

sawadee, khun sabaidi khrab? khun phut phasa thai keng? khun pai rong reng khrab?

Mama Sarah said...

Waahh pertandingan bahasa siam kah?

tom yum gung, tom ka,padna, praapp..

pycno, i have been waiting patiently for 'the end of next week' to follow the "gossip". TApi hampanya because you still left us unanswered. heh heh. MAsih biarlah berahsia rupanya.

Anyway, do have a great pause mode, be it with your family or with your Bea alone.

Mama Sarah said...

ikelah and dith, reading ikelah's comment here regarding catherine firdaus aoki suddenly reminds me of a friend; Nor Sharina Mohd Yusuf (better known as Sherry) Her uncle got married to a JApanese lady many years ago. Khabarnya her uncle has a business in Cherating. Harapnya orang yang sama ni!

Sherry is also from Kuantan. Her father is a contractor. TApi kami dah lama tak contact, sejak datang UK. Wah rindu juga kat mereka. Such nice and humble family.

Sorry ya Pycno, tumpang lalu sebentar

Jamil said...

DITH and ikelah

You two weren't conversing with each other, were you?

pycnogenol

Do have a wonderful errr...holiday? Getaway? Whateevr it is, have a great time. And do bring back some Thai vocab.

Anonymous said...

about the extract, for me it is only true up to an extent. in normal circumstances it is applicable and true. but what if the difference is something more than personal behaviour or way of thinking? for example if a man who wants to be a woman or worse a muslim who wants to convert to christianity! can we just say "let it be?". then that extract is not relevant anymore.

maybe i am slightly emotional over this. but just giving my thoughts on the subject.

i won't be guessing what it is that's gonna make u happy cause i don't have the slightest idea what to guess. but wishing you happiness in whatever you do anyway ;)

Madame A said...

I agree with your extract - the one that says about trying to make others a copy of ourself. We sometimes just forgot!!!

pycnogenol said...

Ayumi - You dont have to play the guessing game no more. I'll be sharing my happiness with both you and skye tomorrow...he..he...;)

As for the quotation....ditto!!

Mynn - Yes....men-o-pause is SO me...he...he...!!!

And Mynn, meeting you and Mama Sarah would definitely be one of my New Year's resolutions for 2007!!

DITH - I know I cant keep anything from you these days. Bea has this soft spot for you..;)

Ikelah - I'm sure you and Dr. Roza have been a perfect host to those two Japanese girls.

Despite my very busy schedule, I'm SO glad to have met your two girls the other day. My Elvis has not stopped talking about Maman. I hope we have not been a nuisance coming to visit you guys at the 11th hour.

DITH and Ikelah - I can only respond with: "Tom Yam and Son Tham" ;)

Mama Sarah - I was happy alright and on pause mode too, but not with Bea nor the family....;)

As for your second comment, I hope ikelah can answer the question.

Hiyoshi - Only they (ikelah and DITH) can answer that question. Jangan-jangan dia dok mengumpat kat Pycno...;)

I've brought back many things Thai, except the vocab. :(

Im - At last, a comment on the extract!! And, I have to agree with you on that.

I'm happy that you are happy for me. Happy people will only attract happy friends!!

Mama Chops - Good to see you here...though I'm still waiting for Papa Grill to pay me a visit too.

And I know what you are referring to...We, parents, will always be a little guilty of that, wont we?